Friday, March 27, 2009
Four years ago I walked into my local Costco and was handed a free cookbook, "Creative Cooking the Costco Way". I went home and marked all the recipes that looked good, and I have only ever tried one. It happens to be my very favorite fish recipe in all the world.
4 frozen fish fillets (cod or other white fish)
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
8 slices of tomato
4 slices fresh mozzarella (I like to use marinated mozzarella)
1 Cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
1&1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
Seasonal Mixed salad greens
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Place Fresh/Frozen fillets in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish (I like to line mine with foil to minimize cleanup) Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with basil. Overlapping slightly, arrange in sequence on each fillet 1 slice of tomato, then 1 mozzarella slice, then another slice of tomato. (Unless you want to be more generous.... )
3. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, garlic and olive oil. Spoon the crumb mixture over the fillets.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes. If desired, broil for 30 seconds to further crisp the topping.
5. Serve fillets on a bed of salad greens.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hello, EM! My name is Rumiko.ReplyDelete
I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I cooked it last night, and my family loved it. It was absolutely delicious!